The first and most important thing is that you should not panic when your mobile phone drops in water by mistake. Its because if you will panic than you will make mistakes and that can really screw your mobile phone.
Now to fix a wet mobile phone we have to follow these following steps:
- Take the mobile phone out of water as soon as possible. It is due to the reason that the plastic cover on the mobile phone keep the inner part intact and water free for some time.
- Do not switch on it in any condition. this is the most common mistake made by people when there mobile phone comes out of water. They become curious and want to know whether it still works or not and here they make there biggest mistake. As soon as you switch on the mobile phone, it increase the chance of short-circuiting in the internal structure of cell phone and can lead to a totally screwed phone.
- As soon as mobile phone is out of water, remove its battery. Don’t have second thoughts in doing this. It will help in ensuring that there is no supply of electric current in the device.
- Remove the SIM card if you have a GSM mobile phone. It is due to the reason that SIM card can store Contacts as well as Data on them. For some people SIM have more value than there mobile phone handset. Keep it aside so that it can also dry and until it get ready again to be kept in a cell phone again. This step is not needed if you are using a CDMA network cellphone.
- Remove all the other removable peripherals and other parts from mobile phone including cover etc. They should be dried separately from cell phone .
- Dry your cell phone with a dry cloth or paper towel and keep it like that for a long time. Gently wipe off as much water as possible without dropping the phone. Avoid shaking or moving the phone excessively, so as to avoid moving water through it. Don’t rub too hard on the inner body of cell phone as you might damage its internal parts in the process. The moisture will go as the atmosphere will work its magic with phone.
- Now you can use a substance which is good in absorbing water in it. Like silica gel or bowl of rice. Leave the phone in a bowl or bag of uncooked rice overnight. The rice would absorb any remaining moisture.
- Now its time to test the phone. After you have waited at least 24 hours, or longer if possible, check to see that everything on and in your cell phone is clean and looks dry. Re-attach the battery to the phone. Try turning it on.